Green Leadership Trust is a network of people of color and indigenous people who serve on U.S. nonprofit environmental boards. We work to build a more powerful environmental movement by diversifying its leadership.
We are unique in a number of ways because we are the first cross-organizational effort focused on building power and diversity in any advocacy sector. We are guided first and foremost by our responsibility as fiduciaries of the organizations we represent.
As a member of Green Leadership Trust, you will have an opportunity to personally contribute to achieving equity and justice in the environmental movement in order to ultimately protect the environment for all, today and far into the future.
You will also enjoy the following benefits:
- Access to online resources and materials, which contains templates, documents, and best practices related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Access to our network-wide listserv
- Access to information from leading environmental organizations, including quarterly updates from Green Group leadership meetings.
- Access to our monthly membership calls where members convene to discuss their work, our movement, and best practices. (Every second Tuesday of each month)
- Opportunities to speak at events, represent GLT at national meetings, and conferences
- Webinars on instructional topics (2 times a year)
- Special speakers via an online platform (1-2 times a year)
- Attendance to our Annual Retreat
- On-boarding Seminar for New Members
There are no fees associated with joining the network, we do accept personal contributions to our work, and we will make an annual request of your organization to donate to us.
If you are interested in supporting our work by donation, please consider the options below.
Personal Contributions: If you are interested in providing a personal donation we have the following giving levels:
- <$500- Green Leadership Friend
- $500 or more -Green Leadership Supporter
- $1000 or more- Green Leadership Leader
Organizational Contribution from your board:
Further, if you’d like to ask your organization to consider providing a voluntary charitable contribution, here are our suggested levels:
We do accept emeritus status for membership. Additionally, we are happy to assist with the board matching process and find a board that will suit your individual needs.
We are happy to assist you with sourcing diverse board members from our network. You will need to fill out an application and speak with the GLT’s Executive Director, Francisco “Paco” Ollervides. For more information, you can contact Paco at [email protected]